- Trading While managing potential risks proactively, Akenerji develops its products with the aim of using its assets...
- Energy Services Akenerji recognizes, with a team of experts, the sectors in which its customers operate, and provides...
- Reports Akenerji Reports..
- Sustainability While quality, environment and occupational health safety policies constitute the basis of our sustainability
• Akenerji began operations on May 16, 1989 as the first power generation auto-producer group in Turkey.
• Yalova Power Plant, which has an installed capacity of 59.5 MW, was gradually taken over from Aksa Akrilik Kimya Sanayi A.Ş.
• Akenerji ranked 188th on the “Turkey’s Top 500 Industrial Enterprises (ISO 500)” list, compiled by the Istanbul Chamber of Industry (ISO).
• Çerkezköy Power Plant, with a total installed capacity of 98 MW, progressively became operational.
• Alaplı Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 6.3 MW, was activated.
• Bozüyük Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 132 MW, became operational.
• 25 % of the Company’s shares were offered to the public. Akenerji shares began to trade on the ISE under the “AKENR” ticker symbol.
• Çorlu Power Plant (10.40 MW), Orhangazi Power Plant (5.08 MW), Denizli Power Plant (15.60 MW), Uşak Power Plant (15.24 MW), Yalova Akal Power Plant (10.40 MW) and two units of the Gürsu Power Plant (10.40 MW) became operational.
• The capacity of Gürsu Power Plant was expanded to 15.60 MW.
• İzmir-Batıçim Power Plant was activated with an installed capacity of 45 MW.
• Akenerji underwent a status change and started to operate under the trade name of Akenerji Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., as an independent power generation company.
• Akenerji was granted the right to operate Uluabat Hydroelectric Power Plant (100 MW) and Akocak
Hydroelectric Power Plant (81MW) for a period of 49 years by tender
• İzmir Kemalpaşa Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 127.2 MW, was activated.
• Akenerji acquired AkkurEnerjiÜretimTic. ve San. A.Ş., which holds the licenses of BurçBendi (28 MW), Feke I (30 MW) and Feke II (70 MW) hydroelectric power plants.
• Operations at Orhangazi, Uşak, Gürsu, Çorlu and Denizli power plants were ceased, and the respective licenses were cancelled due to developments in the market.
• Mem Enerji Elektrik Üretim Sanayi Ticaret A.Ş., which applied for the license of the Yamanlı III (Himmetli-Gökkaya 57 MW) project and held the license of the Bulam Regulator and Hydroelectric Power Plant (7 MW), was acquired.
• Batıçim Power Plant was sold to Batıçim Enerji Elektrik Üretim A.Ş., and its license was transferred accordingly.
• The license of Alaplı Power Plant was terminated due to market developments.
• Akenerji won the SEDAŞ tender with the AKČEZ consortium that was formed with the participation of the Akkök Group and Czech power company ČEZ.
• Akenerji acquired Egemer Elektrik Üretim A.Ş. on March 20, 2009. Egemer, having a natural gas power plant project with a capacity of 904MW in Erzin, Hatay, had been the first investment decision of the Akkök-ČEZ partnership and, at the same time, the largest single investment decision made by Akenerji up to that date.
• The license of the Yalova Power Plant was transferred to Aksa Akrilik Kimya Sanayi A.Ş. on April 30, 2009.
• The share transfer transactions between Akkök Group and ČEZ were completed; ČEZ took over
37.36% stake in Akenerji on May 14, 2009.
• Ayyıldız Wind Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 15 MW, was activated.
• Akenerji acquired İçkale Enerji Elektrik Üretim ve Tic. A.Ş., which holds the license of Kemah Damand Hydroelectric Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 160 MW. Later on, the name of the company was changed to Ak-El Kemah Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.
• Çınarcık Dam and Uluabat Power Tunnel Hydroelectric Power Plant started operations with an installed capacity of 100 MW.
• Akocak Regulators and Akocak Hydroelectric Power Plants became operational with an installed capacity of 81 MW.
• BurçBendi Hydroelectric Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 28 MW, was activated.
• Bulam Hydroelectric Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 7 MW, was activated.
• Feke II Hydroelectric Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 70 MW, was activated.
• Akenerji’s first and most comprehensive Environmental, Health and Safety Annual Report was published and disclosed to all stakeholders.
• Akenerji became the first energy company in Turkey to implement the EFET (European Federation of Energy Traders) agreement.
• Akenerji participated in the Crossborder Transmission Capacity Tender held by TEİAŞ (Turkish Electricity Transmission Co.) and started energy import and export activities.
• Akenerji was awarded the Energy Oscar, inaugurated in 2011 at the 17th International Energy and Environment Fair and Conference - ICCI.
• Akenerji joined the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) Turkey and became one of the two energy companies that perform CDP reporting.
• Himmetli Regulator and Hydroelectric Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 27 MW, commenced operations.
• Feke I Regulator and Hydroelectric Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 30 MW, commenced operations.
• Gökkaya Dam and Hydroelectric Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 30 MW, commenced operations.
• The license of Çerkezköy Natural Gas Power Plant was terminated on December 31, 2012 in consideration of current and future market conditions.
• Akenerji carried out Turkey’s first options transaction for electricity capacity trade with SEPAŞ for 250 MW.
• Akenerji issued its Sustainability Report 2012, in line with Global Reporting Initiative principles, and shared it with stakeholders.
• The licenses of Kemalpaşa and Bozüyük Natural Gas Power Plants were terminated on September 30, 2014 in consideration of current and estimated market conditions.
• Erzin-Egemer Natural Gas Power Plant, with an installed capacity of 904 MW, commenced operations.
• Erzin Natural Gas Combined Cycle Power Plant was among the power plants obtaining ISO 9001:2008 Quality, ISO 14001:2004 Environment and OHSAS Occupational Health and Safety Management System certifications.
• ISO 27001 Information Security Management Systems Certification was awarded for Head Office, Ulubat Hydroelectric Energy Power Plant and Erzin Natural Gas Combined Cycle Power Plant.
• Akenerji became the first Turkish power company to publish a 2014 Sustainability Report using G4, the most recent version of The Sustainability Reporting Guidelines of the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI). Akenerji ranked as the first power company in Turkey to be included in the CDP Water program on a voluntary basis in 2015.
• EMRA’s approval was obtained to expand Ayyıldız WPP’s capacity from 15 MW to 28.2 MW.
• Taking a proactive line, Akenerji signed a US$ 1.1 billion loan agreement with Yapı Kredi to refinance the existing loans, in order to maintain its operations in a healthy financial structure.
• Akenerji was the first company to apply virtual power plant tender in Turkey.
• Upon the 2015 revision of ISO 9001 Quality management systems and ISO 14001 Environment management systems standards, Akenerji obtained the ISO 9001:2015 Quality and ISO 14001:2015 Environment Management Systems certifications for Egemer Head Office, Ayyıldız WPP, Ulubat HPP, Burç HPP, Bulam HPP, Feke I HPP, Feke II HPP, Himmetli HPP, Gökkaya HPP and Erzin NGCCPP. Continuity of OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety and ISO 27001 Information Security Management System certifications was ensured.
• Sale of Akocak Hydroelectric Power Plant and related equipment was completed as of 04.02.2016.
• Akenerji 2015 Sustainability Report received the Bronze Award in the League of American Communication Professionals (LACP).
• Akenerji is the only electricity generation company participating in the CDP (Carbon Disclosure Project) Turkey 2016 Water Program, and raised its performance from C to B.
• Investment activities to boost the installed power in Ayyıldız Wind Power Plant to 28.2 MW were almost completed, and the additional investment was finalized towards the end of 2016.